By Benjamin J Evans
The Well-Grounded Java Developer deals a clean and functional examine new Java 7 gains, new JVM languages, and the array of aiding applied sciences you would like for the subsequent iteration of Java-based software.
About the Book
The Well-Grounded Java Developer starts off with thorough insurance of Java 7 good points like try-with-resources and NIO.2. you are going to then discover a cross-section of rising JVM-based languages, together with Groovy, Scala, and Clojure. you'll find transparent examples which are functional and that assist you dig into dozens of necessary improvement options showcasing sleek techniques to the dev technique, concurrency, functionality, and masses more.
Written for readers conversant in Java. No adventure with Java 7 or new JVM languages required.
buy of the print publication comes with a proposal of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle booklet from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the booklet.
- New Java 7 features
- Tutorials on Groovy, Scala, and Clojure
- Discovering multicore processing and concurrency
- Functional programming with new JVM languages
- Modern ways to checking out, construct, and CI
Table of Contents
- Introducing Java 7
- New I/O
- Dependency Injection
- Modern concurrency
- Class documents and bytecode
- Understanding functionality tuning
- Alternative JVM languages
- Groovy: Java's dynamic friend
- Scala: strong and concise
- Clojure: more secure programming
- Test-driven development
- Build and non-stop integration
- Rapid internet development
- Staying well-grounded